- My name is Marcel (born in 1974). I live near the Sterksel War Cemetery
and I work in a hospital. I am married and we have one son.
- I was a soldier in the Dutch Army from 1993 till 1998. I served with a
medical unit and was posted in Bosnia twice. Each time for half a year.
(IFOR 1 and SFOR 3).
- I am interested
in the Second World War and especially in Operation Market Garden (Battle at
- I started this website because I wanted to know more about the men
buried at Sterksel and I wanted to share the information I find with other
people who want to find information about these men (like relatives). This
site is also meant to make sure their names live on.
- My plan is to include information about all the cemeteries in The
Netherlands (and maybe in other countries) where men are buried who died
during or shortly after Operation Market Garden. This
includes Allied soldiers, German soldiers, members of the Dutch resistance
- On the website www.warveterans.nl
I want to add information about veterans of different military conflicts in
|Sarajevo in the 1990's
||Bosnia in the 1990's